Tuesday 6 July 2021

A Recent Article on Winter. Road. Hockey.

A Recent Article on Winter. Road. Hockey. 


Thanks to the folks at Huddle.today for their article about my most recent book Winter. Road. Hockey. You can find the article at https://huddle.today/n-b-businessman-travels-10000-kilometres-to-watch-18-hockey-games-and-writes-a-book-about-it/

This book is about winter driving, cold weather, junior hockey, great food and more. In my experience, there's nothing better than a road trip break out of a comfort zone. 

Some travel highlights include seeing the stunning Saguenay fjord drive in Quebec with its cliffs, mountains and valleys.  Just beautiful scenery. I enjoyed the small city of Sherbrooke in Quebec too.  There are so many highlights.

For food it’s hard to resist poutine in Quebec.  It’s usually quite simple with great French frieds, fresh and chewy cheese curds, and gravy.  There are more elaborate variations but the basic model is just fine.

The long road trip – 9,790 kilometers in 49 days – offered lots of quiet time for reflection.  I find on long drives that I quite quickly leave immediate problems and concerns behind, and my mind clears.  This causes new creative solutions to emerge, and for new ideas to bubble up.  What do you think?  Do you have a similar experience on a long drive? How can we make such experiences more accessible? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

When Audience Members Distract the Speaker

Recently I presented to 130 people at an event at the beautiful Algonquin Resort in St. Andrews, New Brunswick. I followed my usual preparat...